Every third Saturday of each month, Messy Church at St Richard’s Church Centre, celebrates the story of Jesus in the most enjoyable way for all the family. In October our theme was the saying of Jesus ‘I am the true Vine’.
At Messy Church, we take part in lots of activities, such as:
- Apple bobbing: We spoke about the different apples grown in the UK.
- Poster making: We discussed the important message of Jesus being the true vine
- Vegetable people: We discussed the things that grow for us to eat and drink
- Playdough modelling: We talked about the shapes of grapes and vines and their colours
- Vine printing: We talked about how people will use their feet to crush grapes to make wine.
We also had a celebration which explained more about the theme ‘I am the true Vine.’ We looked at how we can be closer to Jesus. We considered that a branch attached to a tree bears much fruit, and how this can help us to be fulfilled in life. Families also enjoyed writing their prayers on grape shaped paper and placing them on a long hand printed vine in the middle of the celebration.
To finish our afternoon we sang and had a hot meal together.
Please join us at Messy Church on the third Saturday of the month from 2.00-4.00pm. We meet at St Richard’s Church Centre, Swallowfield Road, London, SE7 7NR